We are immensely proud of the achievements of our students past and present many of whom have become national names in fields as varied as science, the arts, industry, public service, and sport.
Whitchurch High School came into being in 1968, following the government circular of 1965, which replaced the existing tripartite system with comprehensive education. The new comprehensive school was created through a merger of the well-established Whitchurch Grammar School, and Whitchurch County Secondary School, both were under the control of Glamorgan County Council until the beginning of 1967, when Whitchurch became amalgamated as a suburb of the City of Cardiff.
Whitchurch High School has a large global network of students that go on to achieve great success in their careers. To view our Prominent alumni please click the banner below:
Our school has always had a tradition of appointing two Lead Students (formerly known as Head Boy/Girl) each year along with a student voice team, not only to represent students on the governing body but the community of Whitchurch and Cardiff. To view the list of Lead Students, please click the banner below:
We have collated many old photographs of the school from as early as 1937, when the school first opened. To view the memories gallery, please click the banner below: